Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I made my baby say goodbye

Today, I'm going to Richmond to get my dress for Homecoming.

You think it's too early? Well, there's no such thing. I would just rather get it over with before school starts, before my family reunion, and on one of the last days my mom has off from work. And I know that I'm gonna grow any taller until then. So we're just getting it out of the way.

After venting a humongous blog last night, I don't have much to say. Except for the fact that I absolutely adore Sara Bareilles, and my best best best best friend in the world.

It's really weird having a guy as a best friend. I'm actually not used to it at all. Pretty much all my life it's been a girl that's been my best friend. It hasn't been the same girl, of course, but always a girl. But change is good, right? I've found myself trusting guys more lately, if trusting anyone at all. Now don't get me wrong, I love my girls to death, and I would do absolutely anything for them. Well, most of them......

But having as guy as your best friend is very comforting, in a way. I feel so safe and protected. I tell him pretty much everything, and he's always the one I complain to and he never complains about it.

I have many, many groups of friends, as I said in one of my earlier posts. And this sounds kind of complicated, and it's really hard to explain, but I have different groups of best friends.

I have my bestfriends from school, that are in my grade.
I have my bestfriends from church, there are three of them, and I adore them to the ends of the earth. Together, the four of us are unstoppable. And we have Girls Night tonight!! I can't wait.
I have my bestfriends from dance, pretty much my competition team. Wow, what an amazing, strong, lovable group of women that I am blessed to work with!
And then I have that one bestfriend, that I depend on for everything.

We met about a year ago on the way to a church camp. The same church camp that I attended this year, where I met God. At first, he drove me absolutely insane. I couldn't stand it. He sat behind me and my friend, Hallie, with his best friend, Matthew. Who didn't talk at all. Some things never change.....

Throughout the week we got to know eachother, and we just became good friends. We stayed in touch for a couple months after the camp, then just faded. We saw eachother at church and acknowledged one another, but that's about it.

Before the soccer season ended, we got back in touch, and we were good friends just like we had been before. Then it was time for Passport.

Three weeks ago, we became bestfriends. It just happened like that. We just got to know eachother a lot better, and now he's my best buddy.

He's a great kid. And I'm very blessed with everything that First Baptist has brought me.

Well, those are my thoughts for the morning. I hope you enjoyed the story of how I met my current bestfriend. Hope you weren't bored to tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment