Saturday, August 7, 2010

I know that truth is living

Today, I was reminded that I hadn't blogged in a while. It's been a busy and kind of crazy past couple days.


There are always second chances, but is there such thing as a third-second chance, or a fourth?

Well, where I come from; there is. What I have come to discover, is that the second chance is the hardest to give. Or is the third and fourth and so on hardest?


The world may never know.



One thing I do know, however, is that I have given about a million and three 'second chances'.






Too many!

^^That's what some of you are thinking right now. I know it. I'm human too, remember?

That's the thing; we are all human.

If you're reading this, willingly say it aloud with me as you read it.


We are all human.

We are only human.


If you were brave enough to do it, I thank you kindly for your courageous act. If you did not do it, I will give you the opportunity to take once more at the end of this post, if I don't forget.



We all make mistakes.

I have recently, and by recently I mean in the past two years, learned that you will get hurt. There is no way to prevent it. Those who you love most will hurt you. Those who love you most will hurt you. Those who barely know you will hurt you. Everyone will eventually hurt you in your life. I have some news for everyone out there;

It will be okay.


Getting hurt only makes you stronger. But I have taught myself from what I have experienced these past couple years, that the getting hurt part isn't the main thing that makes you stronger. It is being able to forgive the one who hurt you. Forgiving someone or something is one of the hardest things to do in the world. No matter how much or how little you were hurt, forgiveness, is the most difficult action to take.


I mean honestly, think about it. It is so easy to get hurt. It is an emotion, emotions just happen. Humans are nothing but vulnerable.


Holding a grudge will get you nowhere. I have learned that as well.


Just let go.




If you are kind enough to still be reading this, I would like for you to stop to yourself and think for just one quick second. Ask yourself this question;

How many times have I been hurt in the past year?



You do not have to give away the answer to anyone at all. Just think about it yourself. How many times have you felt the emotion of pain recently?



If you are a normal human being, then that question will be very hard to answer. It is very hard to keep track of such an emotion that occurs so very often. I mean on average everyone probably gets hurt at least twice a day. No matter how big or small, it still hurts.


Now, if you are STILL reading this and following along, then first of all; God bless you.


Second of all, stop reading once more and ask yourself this;

How many times have you forgiven someone who has hurt you in the past year?




Now I don't know about you, but for me, that is somewhat of an easier question to answer. I mean, how often do we honestly forgive? How often do we honestly let go of a grudge?



Well, the world may never know your answer. In fact, don't discuss your answer to either of these questions with anyone. Keep them to yourself, it is yours.




We all feel the emotion of pain, we all hurt and some point in our lives. We all hurt actually quite often. It is not easy to forgive, and usually, we want to stay mad at someone who hurt you for forever. I mean, if they really cared about you in the first place, why did they hurt you?


Well don't forget, you have hurt people in your life, too. It is hard to admit it, but everyone knows it. It is a proven fact. But hey, life is all about imperfection.


As my good friend Miley says; Nobody's perfect.




As much as I hate admitting it, Miley is right. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. We all must pick up and keep moving on.



So, if you are STILL reading this, then I encourage you in the next few days to find someone who has made a big impact on your life, or a small impact on your life, by hurting you.





Tell them you forgive them.




If this task is simply too hard to perform to their face, or you are no longer in contact, or they have reason to believed that you have already forgiven them, say so in your head.


In the next few days, just think about all of this. It is okay to be upset, it is okay to be hurt, it is okay to be in pain, it is okay to hold a grudge.


It is also okay to forgive.



Life goes on, I can promise you that. Pick up, and keep moving;


Forgive, and you will be forgiven.


If anyone would like to talk about what I have just written, and what you just read, I am open for conversation. I don't care who you are, how well I know you, or if I know you at all. I am always here to talk about what you have just read.



And so ladies and gentlemen, I would like to thank you all for reading this, if you got all the way to the bottom. It was a pleasure for me to do, and I know for a fact that a lot of you need it tonight, or someday you will need it, and you will be able to look back at it. I most certainly needed this tonight, and I most certainly will look back at it whenever I need it. I appreciate your time for this. God bless all of you. I will simply leave you with these words;




We are all human.

We are only human.

11 comments:

  1. How dare you generalize we "humans" as personifying qualities which make you alone weak? Stop trying to blame your own mistakes and everyone else's mistakes on human nature. To shun personal responsibility like that is the most destructive quality in a person imaginable. Original sin; the belief that "nobody's perfect" is the philosophy that is destroying society. Until we all accept that we are our own gods and we have the ability to control our own actions, we will never advance beyond the apathy that is plaguing the world. Those who never forgive will never be burdened by the mistakes of others. Accountability - no - perfection is the only hope we have for the future. Accept responsibility for yourself and yourself only; then and only then will you lead a meaningful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all - I am a freshman. I have no earthly idea what half of that paragraph meant.

    Second of all - I know who my God is, I believe what I want to believe, and I would love if you respected what I believe in, because I respect what you believe in. It is not right for you to tell me what is wrong or right based on your opinion. Thank you for your say in what you think, I appreciate the feedback. I just don't appreciate the way you responded. Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical Christian. Hypocritical response about respecting beliefs after disregarding and generalizing those of others. Hopefully you may understand this quote (and with it, the values of many others) a little better:

    To quote the author Ayn Rand: "Do you believe in God?...that's a favorite question of mine. An upside-down question, you know. What do you mean? Well, if I asked people whether they believed in life, they'd never understand what I meant. It's a bad question. It can mean so much that it really means nothing. So I ask them if they believe in God. And if they say they do—then, I know they don't believe in life. Why? Because, you see, God—whatever anyone chooses to call God—is one's highest conception of the highest possible. And whoever places his highest conception above his own possibility thinks very little of himself and his life. It's a rare gift, you know, to feel reverence for your own life and to want the best, the greatest, the highest possible, here, now, for your very own. To imagine a heaven and then not to dream of it, but to demand it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am confident in who I am and in who my God is. I am sorry that we have different beliefs, but I am ONCE AGAIN asking you to respect me as I am respecting you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ask a person on the street for the time and the person doesn't answer, is that considered respectful? I would say no.

    Following the same logic, refusing to acknowledge my arguments after putting forth your own for discussion is not respectful as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your input, thank you for sharing your opinion. I don't want to waste my time and argue with you and get defensive about your opinion. You have every right to believe what you want as do I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kstew013 i agree with you completely. God has helped me and my life so much. Zero i dont agree with you im sorry. It might help you if you read the Bible to understand where kstew013 is coming from.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. zero, i don't care who you are. but you do not criticize, or say there beliefs are wrong. its okay that you can have your own views but let there parents tech them not you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, how dare I challenge anything anyone says..that would just be rude, wouldn't it? Thank you for scolding some sense into me, Asinine Friend #2.

    Asinine Friend #1, I have read the Bibie. I love how you assume that I haven't read it just because I don't completely agree with it. Very open-minded.

    OP, I can see that you're not interested in even exploring what I have to offer, even though it solves the problem you just posed. It's a shame, but I suppose the world isn't ready for independence or responsibility yet. After all, submission to authority is much easier. Congratulations on at least being more mature than your blighted friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, thank you all. This is over.

    ReplyDelete