Monday, August 2, 2010

Set me as a seal upon your heart

My life flows on in endless song.

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
while to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
how can I keep from singing?



My life goes on in endless song
above earth's lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
that hails a new creation.



My life flows on in endless song




One of my alltime favorite songs in the world. So so so beautiful!


So I have a question for all of you to ask yourselves;
How do YOU worship God? If you do worship Him at all, what is your favorite way to praise Him, is the better question.

Well, in case you were wondering, mine is music.


As most of you know, I am in love with music. I don't know where I would be without it. Before I found God this Summer, I used to only want to be at church to sing. Especially at the Presbyterian church that I attend occasionally. My choir director from school directs the church choir there, and he is incredible. He does such a good job. The choir there is incredible as well. Whenever my parents would go to sing a song, my sister and I will go in as well and sing with the choir. It's so beautiful!

And now that I have discovered my God, my favorite way to show Him MY love back to Him, is through song! I love to sing praises to Him, it brings me such JOY to be able to share my gift with Him, that is how we connect.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love contemporary modern Christian music, but my favorite kind of Christian music is the ones that are composed and but into sheet music. With just a choir, and a piano. It is all so natural and beautiful to me! Music is beautiful, as is my God!




Judges 5:3

Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the Lord; I will sing praise to the Lord God of Israel!


No comments:

Post a Comment